The adrenal glands are small sized organs that are located right above the kidney in a human body and they are an integral part in the endocrine system. They are often called as the adrenal glands and are responsible for the production of around fifty hormones that run nearly every function in the body, majority of which happen to be important for life.
Hormones have an effect on almost every single organ, tissue and function in the human body whether directly or indirectly. They respond to one another and reply to ailments in the human body within a complex and extremely sensitive balancing act. The adrenal glands operate closely together with the pituitary gland plus the hypothalamus in a process called as the HPA axis (hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis).
Adrenal glands participate in a larger purpose which is fighting against the problem of stress and anxiety. Whenever the brain of a person figures out a potential danger no matter if it’s psychological, emotional or physical then the adrenal medulla unleashes adrenaline hormones to assist the body to deal with the danger (the combat or runaway response), dashing blood to the heart, brain and muscles. Corticosteroids are then released by the adrenal cortex which diminishes the system such as digestion, response of immune system and other similar functions which are not required to ensure immediate survival.
- What Are Factors Behind Occurrence Of Adrenal Fatigue?
Adrenal fatigue is a type of illness in which human body and adrenal glands simply fail to keep up and match with the high amount of stress, pressure and anxiety it has to deal with. From time to time adrenal fatigue is misunderstood as an auto-immune dysfunction, and this happens because adrenal fatigue has signs and symptoms similar to many other diseases.
Doctors and medical practitioners have stated that an attack of extreme stress or chronic, prolonged stress can affect the working ability of the adrenal glands, making them ineffective and overloaded. Here are some of the causes of adrenal fatigue pointed out by majority of doctors and medical practitioners:
- Long exposure to toxins and pollution which are present in the environment
- Sleeping disorder (lack of sleep, insomnia)
- Recent emotional trauma caused by various reasons and continuously thinking negative about different issues
- Extreme cases of stress and anxiety due to personal reasons like death of a family member, divorce and even surgery
- Very poor eating habits and bad food plan
- Lack of exercise or minimum physical activity throughout the day
- Prolonged stress and anxiety as a result of monetary problems, bad relationships or office setting, and various situations that trigger feelings of helplessness
- Some doctors have even stated that Addison’s disease can also be one of the prime reasons behind adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue treatment is not difficult if you visit the best doctor in Sydney. There is an illness known as chronic fatigue syndrome which has similar effects like adrenal fatigue. Visit a renowned doctor who is expert in treatment of both adrenal fatigue as well as chronic fatigue syndrome.