Many of us simply have no knowledge about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). This happens because symptoms of chronic Fatigue Syndrome are similar with the symptoms of other diseases, which makes it difficult for patients and even doctors sometime to determine if a person is suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or not?
Here are some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome that will help you to understand this illness better.
- Question #1: What Does Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Means?
Answer: Chronic illness is something which is there in your body for a long period of time, normally persisting for more than 3 to 4 months. In most of the cases vaccines fail to prevent chronic diseases, neither such illnesses disappear on their own. There is no specific cure for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. However, by visiting an expert doctor you can get treatment for chronic fatigue.
- Question #2: Is It True Or False That Males And Females Above The Age Of 40 Are Most Vulnerable To CFS?
Answer: This is true that people above the age of 40 are far more prone to CFS compared to younger generation. There are thousands of people in the age group of 40-50 who suffer from CFS across Australia.
- Question #3: What Are The Other Diseases That Have Similar Symptoms Just Like CFS?
Answer: Some illnesses which have similar symptoms like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are obesity, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, depressive disorders, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, hyperthyroidism and Hormonal problems etc.
- Question #4: Is It True That Sore Throat, Muscle Pain And Joint Pain Are Some Of The Symptoms Of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (Cfs)?
Answer: Yes! Sore throat, muscle pain and joint pain are some of the symptoms of Chronic fatigue Syndrome (CFS).
- Question #5: How Doctors Diagnose Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Answer: There is no specific lab test for CFS. You must be clear about the fact that this disease can only be diagnosed by a doctor who’s expert in the treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Visiting an expert Chronic Fatigue Syndrome doctor is quite important because not every doctor can detect this disease easily. This happens because CFS has similar symptoms to other diseases and is hard to detect.
- Question #6: Is It True That Chronic Fatigue Syndrome And Depression Can Exist Side By Side?
Answer: These two problems can coexist in a person at the same time. However, there’s no proof that depression can cause CFS. You should know that majority of people who suffer from CFS have no psychiatric disorder.
- Question #7: What’s The Treatment For Chronic Fatigue?
Answer: Treatment for chronic fatigue can be done by treatment of related infections, using nutritional supplements (in some cases given intravenously), improving stress management, hormone balancing and management of allergies and sensitivities.