In our body, we have many various systems that have different functions, and together they help our body to perform all the tasks in our life. One such system is endocrine system, which comprises of a network of organs that generates and discharges hormones, which help in controlling the vital body operations. The primary parts of the system are: thyroid, adrenal glands, ovaries, pituitary gland, pineal gland, hypothalamus, thymus, parathyroid, testes and a few others.
Basic Endocrine Issues
Much the same as different parts of the body, the endocrine system is additionally influenced by illnesses. The problems are brought by different reasons, for example,
- Genetic disorder
- Injuries in the endocrine gland
- Problems with the endocrine feedback system
- An endocrine gland fails to stimulate any other gland to produce hormones. For instance, you can have an issue with the hypothalamus and it will create disturbances in hormone production in the pituitary gland.
The most widely recognised conditions are:
- Cushing’s disease – This happens when there’s an overproduction of a pituitary organ hormone, which leads to excessive activity of the adrenal organ. At times, Cushing’s disorder occurs in kids that consume high levels of corticosteroid medicines.
- Gigantism – A person is experiencing Gigantism when the pituitary organ starts generating an excessive amount of the growth hormone. Because of the overabundance of this hormone, the bones start developing quickly.
- Hyper And Hypothyroidism – You have guessed it right, you will be experiencing hyperthyroidism when the thyroid starts producing excessive thyroid hormone. While you’re experiencing hyperthyroidism, you encounter weight reduction, excessive sweating, stress and anxiety, and quick heart rate. Much of the time, hyperthyroidism occurs due to an immune system disorder which is known as Grave’s disease. On the other hands, Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland stops producing the required amount of thyroid hormone. When experiencing this issue, you develop fatigue, depression, dry skin, and constipation.
- Adrenal Fatigue – This condition occurs when the adrenal organ discharges too little cortisol or aldosterone hormones. When you are experiencing adrenal fatigue, you start experiencing weakness, skin issues, dehydration, and upset tummy. The most widely recognized conditions that occur due to from adrenal insufficiency are Adrenal Fatigue and Addison’s disease.
- Hypopituitarism – A person develops this condition when the pituitary organ stops discharging enough hormones or generates only a small amount of hormone. The condition occurs because of pituitary organ illnesses.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) – The condition occurs due to overproduction of androgens that meddle with the development and the release of the ovaries. It has been reported that this condition is one of the main reasons behind infertility.
Visit an expert doctor, if you think that you’re suffering from any of these health issues.