Dr Dobie designs individualised anti-ageing programs for patients interested in anti-ageing strategies and maintaining wellness.
The programs are based on similar programs used by prominent ant-ageing physicians in the United States.
The aims of the anti-ageing programs are:
- to maintain youthful vigour and vitality as people grow older
- to reduce the risk of developing degenerative diseases such as osteoarthritis, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and macular degeneration
- to maintain sexual function.
The principal components of the anti-ageing programs are:
- a healthy diet
- regular exercise
- nutritional supplements
- hormone supplements in some patients
- regular blood tests and other investigations to monitor health
- other specific interventions in some patients.
The programs require active participation on the part of the patient. Results will not be achieved unless patients follow the recommended diet, take any supplements and exercise regularly.
Dr Dobie strongly recommends that patients on these programs engage the services of a personal trainer to design and supervise an exercise program.