Here is a list of things that happen when a tick bites your body and you eventually get affected by Lyme disease. Have a look.
- Things That Will Happen Within 24 Hours Are:
- A substance will be spitted out by the tick which minimises the pain and sensation you feel due to tick bite. There’s a high chance that you won’t be feeling any pain around the skin where the bite has been made by the tick.
- Glue-like saliva is secreted by the tick, which makes it stuck with your skin and it become difficult to brush the tick off.
- After this the tick will start the sucking process and extract water from the blood to feed itself. It spits back in your body the things which it doesn’t require.
- For the first 24 hours, this process will continue, and this will be enough for the Lyme disease bacteria to enter your body from the tick.
- If you fail to remove the tick then this cycle can continue for almost a week. The more time tick is stuck to your body, the danger of getting infection increases.
- How To Protect Yourself From Getting Affected By Lyme Disease?
The best way to prevent Lyme disease is by outsmarting it. Here are things you need to do.
- If you live in an area where ticks and bugs are huge in number then you should try to buy clothes that have built-in tick repellent. If that’s not possible then simply apply some permethrin on your clothes, tents, sleeping bags, or other gear if you’re going outdoors for camping or trekking (don’t apply permethrin on your skin). The insecticide is hard to remove from clothes and provides protection for a long time.
- Check your body to remove any ticks. Remove all your clothes and look properly at areas where ticks might get stuck on your body.
- You should know the correct way to remove the tick from your body. Use tweezers to grab the tick and pull it quickly from your skin. Don’t try methods like washing or burning the tick away from your body. Plucking with help of tweezers is an ideal way to get rid of the ticks.
- If possible, don’t throw off the tick and put it in a plastic bag. Show the tick to your doctor as it will help him to find out the type of tick which has bitten you. This will help him to provide the best possible Lyme disease treatment.
- Only visit a Lyme disease specialist in Australia. This will help you to get better treatment for the disease because every doctor can’t provide treatment for Lyme disease. Dr. Peter Dobie is a renowned Lyme disease specialist in Australia.