Adrenal glands are quite important for our health and help us in numerous ways like keeping us fresh, focused and give boost to our energy levels from the moment we wake up in the morning. The adrenal glands might stop working properly, when they have to constantly produce high levels of cortisol.
Adrenal glands start producing stress hormones whenever they receive signals from a variety of stressors every day. Our adrenal glands start working due to various physical and psychological reasons such as emotional stress, stressful work hours, family responsibilities, financial problems, relationship issues, extreme dieting and lack of proper sleep. Once the glands become active, they begin the production of various hormones like cortisol and adrenaline in small and required quantities.
This affects our body’s short-term response to stress and minimises the ability of glands to produce and balance other hormones such as testosterone, DHEA and progesterone. It’s important to note that these hormones are considered as quite important for our overall health.
- How Symptoms Develop
Adrenal glands’ imbalance symptoms are generally a message conveyed by our body that it is not being provided the support it needs to function properly. Actually, adrenal fatigue has no direct relation with the symptoms, but expert doctors can find a unique pattern after considering different types of factors. You need to find out with the help of an expert doctor, if these developments have a pattern or not.
- Symptoms Of Adrenal Fatigue
Some of the common signs and symptoms that point directly towards adrenal fatigue are:
- Lack of stamina, energy levels drop considerably, current fatigue problem, anxiety, lack of desire to get up from the bed, feeling tired all the time, having weird feelings.
- Weight starts fluctuating, you develop a strong crave for food, abnormal weight gain in your body’s thigh area and abdomen region. You’ll develop a strong craving and desire for salty and sugary food items.
- Blood pressure starts fluctuating between high and low. You’ll feel light headed due to low blood pressure.
- Unable to sleep properly, waking up multiple times at night, difficult to fall asleep. Sometimes you might have a good sleep, but wake up feeling completely exhausted.
- Immune system gets affected and you may become prone to infections. Your body will take more time while recovering from various illnesses and infections.
- Emotional outburst and failure to cope up with different issues, and you might also find it difficult to deal with stress. Feeling overwhelmed most of the time, problem to work, anxiety, and bad thoughts.
- Problem in staying focused on work, feeling foggy, fuzzy thoughts.
- Symptoms of Perimenopause might become even worse, changes in libido and hormones, low libido and decrease in sex drive.
Remember, adrenal fatigue can be cured with early diagnosis and effective medication.